Hair loss can be attributed to a number of reasons some might be symptoms of s disease conditions, while others are as a result of treatments of certain disease conditions or just a case of inheriting hair loss traits. These are some of the causes of hair loss:
• Male pattern baldness which is genetically determined non scarring alopecia (androgenetic alopecia) experienced by post pubertal individuals whose primary symptoms are the thinning of hair around the temples until they are highly visible.
• Female pattern baldness which is quite similar to the male counterpart is known to occur after menopause but does not affect often the frontal hairline unlike male pattern baldness.
• Alopecia areata which is an autoimmune disease that causes hairs to fall out in random and irregular round patches.
• Alopecia totalis which is also a skin condition whose primary symptom is total hair loss on the head.
• Acute stress disorder
• Hodgkin’s disease
• Lichen planus
• Liver disease
• Syphilis and fungal infections
• Hashimoto’s disease
• Bamboo hairs
• Telogen effluvium is a post pregnancy occurrence that is characterized by the spontaneous shedding of scalp hairs.
All these medical conditions and many more will be taken into consideration when creating our clients hair replacements. UEC assures that all our clients that our experts will take into account and understand the intricacies imbedded in their medical conditions during consultations.